We are about halfway through this season of The Bachelorette. Rachel Lindsay had a huge fan base going in, and I can 100% say I am one of those fans. Rachel seems to be one of the most mature bachelorettes we’ve ever had. She knows what she wants and she’s not on the show to mess around.
The guys this season are…interesting. I have to say, I am beyond relieved “whaboom guy” is gone. I’m not even sure what his name is. But if I never hear “whaboom” again, I will be a happy girl.
By now Rachel has sent home guys we all knew she would never be serious about. There’s still a few stragglers, but for the most part this is is- our core group of guys remain. Here’s a little break down of the most recent stand out men.
- Peter. Come on, I had to start with Peter. I have not looked at spoilers and I would still put money on Peter making it to the final. He and Rachel have great chemistry, he’s mature, and he’s willing to move! Plus, they have the matching gap teeth. I would go so far as to say Peter is in my top 5 favorite bachelorette candidates of all time.
- Bryan. The chiropractor. I mean, what else could you ask for? It’s basically your own personal masseuse. But in all seriousness, Bryan is a pretty similar to choice to Peter: he’s mature and has great chemistry with Rachel. I would say he makes it to at least hometowns, if not further.
- Dean. He’s a bit of youngster in this group, but you would never guess. Last week (spoiler if you haven’t watched yet!) Dean was very vulnerable talking about losing his mother to cancer. It was really nice to see one of the guys open up and show his true self and emotions. Recently the Bachelor and Bachelorette candidates haven’t gotten too deep. Dean is like a breath of fresh air. I’m betting on Dean until hometowns for sure.
- Eric. Oh Eric, such a mystery. One minute I love him and want him to be the final one standing, the next I want him sent home that very minute. But, like Dean, I do think Eric is being himself, and you’ve got to give the guy that. If he avoids outbursts like the last couple episodes, I suspect we will see Eric make it to hometowns.
- Kenny. In the Kenny vs. Lee debacle, I’m basically neutral. For the mere fact that I don’t really understand what they are fighting about. But, if I have to choose sides I am team Kenny. He seems to have a sweet, silly side and I would like the show to let viewers see more of than.
- Lee. The man should be sent home now. He has no chemistry with Rachel. He’s absolutely there for the wrong reasons. I don’t think I can recall one time he’s asked Rachel something about herself. He kind of reminds me of a skunk, always getting everyone else into trouble. As you can see, it’s kind of obvious why I’m team Kenny.
- Iggy. I want to like Iggy, I really do. I want to think it’s cute that he feels protective over Rachel. And don’t get me wrong, I think Iggy is a great guy and maybe if he wasn’t around this group of guys and we got to see him more one-on-one, he might be my number one choice for Rachel. But, I haven’t gotten to see him much by himself and so I don’t love Iggy and I don’t think it’s cute he feels protective over Rachel. I think it’s 50% creepy and 50% a lie. Iggy is a gossiper and is using the “protector” card as an excuse to spread gossip.
Who are your favorites this seem? What are your thoughts on all the drama in the house? Let us know in the comments!